- * This thing is currently a work in process, so I’m trying to organize it. You can see where I’m at right now on it.
- XX It’s a “live” page, but in no way really done.
- Hardware: What Parts Does A Computer Need?
- Logic Gates/ALU: What Makes Computers Compute?
- Memory: How Does a Computer Remember Stuff?
- * CPU: How Does a Computer Work Through Code?
- * Assembly Code: What’s the Closest Way to How Computers Think?
- Motherboard: How Do Parts Fit Together?
- Quantum Computers: How Do Atoms Compute?
- * Raspberry Pi/Arduino: What Can Cheap Computers Do?
- Biological Computers: Is Life a Computer?
- * Programming Summarized: What Makes a Computer Do Things?
- * Code Basics: How Do Coders Code?
- * Code Features: Why Are Some Languages Special?
- * Software Design: How Do You Think Out Programs?
- * Software Redesign: Why Does Making Programs Take So Much Rework?
- * Version Control: How Do Programmers Keep Track of Stuff?
- * Software Maintenance: How Do Programmers Maintain Programs?
- * IDE: What Do Programmers Use to Make Programs?
- * Programming Languages, Anecdotally
- * Technical Documentation: Why Write Stuff Down?
- * Programming Habits: What Separates Code Monkeys From 1337 C0dRz?
- * Games: How Do People Make Games?
- * Graphics How Do You Get Computers to Draw Things?
- * Artificial Intelligence: How Can Computers Seem Human?
- XX Machine Learning: How Can Computers Learn?
- XX Making Languages: How Do You Make a Programming Language?
- XX Compilers: How Do You Get Computers To Switch Languages?
- XX Functions: What Exactly is a Function?
- XX Computer Math: What Math Do Computers Use?
- * Boolean Math: How Do You Logic Math?
- XX Algebra: How Do Computers Make Numbers Into Lines?
- XX Geometry/Trigonometry: How Do Computers Work With Shapes?
- XX Statistics/Probability: How Do Computers Work With Chances and Lots of Numbers?
- XX Calculus: How Do Computers Make Lines Into Numbers?
Algorithms & Data Structures
- * Algorithms: How Do Computers Manage Information?
- Data: What is Data?
- * Data Structures/Architecture: How Can a Computer Store Data?
- * Database: How Do Computers Hold Lots of Data?
- * Operating Systems: What’s An OS?
- * Booting: How Does a Computer Start?
- Files/Programs: What are Computer Files/Programs?
- UX/UI: How Do People Make Computers Usable?
- * Consoles/Terminals: Why Do Some Computers Only Show Text?
- * Windows: How Does Windows Work?
- * Unix-Likes: How Does GNU/Linux Work?
- * Windows vs. Unix-Likes: What’s The Difference?
- * Networks: How Do Computers Connect With Each Other?
- * Protocols/Standards: How Do Computers Talk to Each Other?
- * Web Development: How Does the Internet Show Stuff?
- Input – Keyboard: How Does a Computer Understand What I Type?
- Input – Mouse: How Does a Computer Understand a Wiggling Hand?
- Input – Handwriting/OCR: How Does a Computer See Words?
- Input – Camera: How Does a Computer “See”?
- * Output – Screen: How Does a Computer Show Images & Words?
- Output – Printer: How Does a Computer Make Paper Images & Words?
- Output – 3D Printer: How Does a Computer Make Things in 3D?
- I/O – Radio: How Do We Send Information Through the Air?
- * I/O – Speakers/Microphone: How Does a Computer Receive and Send Sound?
- * I/O – GPS: How Do Computers Know Where You Are?
- I/O – VR/AR: How Do VR Headsets Work?
- I/O – Robotics: How Do Robots Do Things?
- I/O – Autonomous Vehicles: How Can Cars Self-Drive?
- XX Distributed Systems/Supercomputers: How Can Computers Share Stuff?
- XX Virtualization/Emulation: How Can You Make Computers Seem Like More Computers?
- XX Cloud Services: So Where’s The Cloud, Anyway?
- XX Enterprise Systems: How Do You Use Big Computers?
- * P2P: How Do Illegal Things STILL Get Downloaded?
- * Blockchain: So What’s Bitcoin, Anyway?
- * Hacking: What’s Hacking?
- * TL;DR Cybersecurity: How Do I Stay COMPLETELY Safe with Computers?
- * Data/App/Host Security: How Do You Protect Computers?
- * Malware: How Can Software Be Malicious?
- XX Social Engineering: How Do People Trick Other People About Computers?
- * Network Security/PenTesting: How Do Hackers Get Into Stuff?
- XX Access Control/Authentication: How Do You Know Who to Trust?
- XX Cryptography/Encryption: How Do You Encode Computer Information?
- XX Compliance/Operations: How Do You Make Rules to Protect Organization Computers?
- When to Quit: How Do You Know Your Job Sucks?
- Goal Setting: What Do You Want In CS?
- Image-Crafting: How Does a CS Resumé Look?
- Job-Hunting/Training/Researching: How Do Tech People Job Search?
- XX Technical Interviewing: How Do You Ace a Technical Interview?
- Non-Technical Interviewing: How Do You Prove You’re Good at Computers with Speaking?
- Closing the Deal/Negotiating: How Do You Land the Job?
- XX CS Entrepreneurship: How Do Tech Entrepreneurs Start Businesses?
- MUCH MORE COMING EVENTUALLY
- XX CS Management: What Do Senior Software Engineers Do?
- MORE COMING SOMEDAY HOPEFULLY
- FAANG: What’s Up with Big Tech?
- FAANG: How to Fight Back
- * FLOSS Software: How Do You Give Away Software?
- Practical Insanity
- Geeky Jokes
- * Gleaned Axioms
- Understand Primitives
- Not Understanding Is Good
- Tech Trends Suck
- How to Fix Technology
- How to Be Fast at Computers
Specific Technical Trivia
- Consult the glossary for all confusing words
- Tech Esoterica
- Code Snips
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Straightforward Hacks